Waiōrea is a co-educational kura and is limited in the number of places it is able to offer tauira at each year level on a yearly basis. Whanau are encouraged to make applications well in advance.
Criteria for entry includes (but is not limited to) the following information from previous kura:
- Academic Achievement
- Cultural Involvement
- Language Ability
- Behavioural History
- Whānau Committment
Waiōrea accepts student applications throughout the year – Year 9 to Year 13 subject to space availability.
- Complete Enrolment Form
- Download Student Questionairre for current school to complete and return directly to the Waiorea Office
- Download and Complete Whānau Policy
Upon all requested information being received:
- Applications for entry the following year – Interviews take place in Term 3. Whanau will be notified within two weeks of the interview whether applications have been successful.
- Applications during the current school year – Interviews take place at an agreed date and time. Whānau will be notified with one week of the interview whether applications have been successful.
Special Note: Interviews only proceed once all information requested has been received by the Waiōrea Administration Office
In Zone / Out of Zone Enrolments:
Waiōrea does not have an enrolment zone. Therefore, we are able to accept students from throught-out the Motu. This process applies to Ngā Puna o Waiōrea applicants only.
Open Day Options:
Western Springs College – Ngā Puna o Waiōrea: Open Week for 2018 Enrolments took place from 3rd April through to 7th April 2017 – 9.15am to 11.15am . An Open Evening was also held on 3rd April 2017.
Ngā Puna o Waiōrea will be holding an Open Day/Evening on TBC
To assist whānau we offer three options to make donation and fee payments.
- Bank deposit ASB 12-3020-0333033-00. Please insert the following information to assist our administration and accounts departments.
Reference: (Students First Name)
Code: (Students Last Name)
Particulars: (What for e.g. Stationary / Netball / Technology Fee)
- Waiōrea Administration Office
- Through the WSC office
Whānau invest in the future of their tauira by way of a donation to the kura. The pūtea received from donations assist the kura to provide for educational, cultural, social activities and health services not covered by government funding but which we believe are vital to providing the level of education expected of us.
Other School Costs:
Y9 to Y13 Subject Costs
Some subjects have costs. The amount charged and purpose will be outlined in the school beginning of year invoice to whānau.
NCEA Exam Fee
The cost is set by NZQA. For 2017 domestic students pay $76.70 per candidate for all NCEA standards and $30.00 per Scholarship Subject. The cost for NZQA / Scholarship will be added to student’s accounts at beginning of Term 1.
Extra Curricular Fees
Waiōrea students have the opportunity to participate in many extra-curricular opportunities and activities. Costs are outlined in these specific pānui relevant to each kaupapa.
Registration costs range from $20 to $200 depending on the sports code. Some sports incur larger additional fees for Regional and Nationals Tournaments, Travel, Coaching and Equipment. Full details of costs are supplied in a Sports pānui at the beginning of each year.
Please click to see the 2017 Codes of Sport Breakdown.