Team Puoro/Music is back in action for 2024 and Te Whare Puoro is already loud!…
Level 1 NCEA requirements 2023:
- Year 11 students need 80 credits to achieve Level 1
- Within that 80 credits, 10 numeracy and 10 literacy credits are required
- Literacy can be achieved through a wide range of subjects
- Numeracy is mostly gained through Maths/Pāngarau
- If a student gains 50 or more credits at Merit or Excellence they achieve a Merit endorsement
- If a student gains 50 or more credits at Excellence they achieve an Excellence endorsement.
As a guide students who are on track should have achieved 20 or more credits by this stage in the year.
It is important to check the ‘parent portal’ on the website under the ‘results’ tab to track your child’s progress.
The NCEA Credit Summary under the Results tab is also useful in tracking credits gained.
Students using AI/ ChatGPT in Assessments:
We have noticed an increased amount of the use of ChatGPT in assessments. Please note that NZQA is very clear that this is an Authenticity Breach and will be treated as such.
An authenticity breach requires the subject teacher to complete an Authenticity Breach report and notify the relevant Head of House, the Head of Department, the Principal’s Nominee and the Senior Leader in charge of assessment. NZQA states that “assessors must verify that the work submitted for assessment has been produced by the learner”. If this is not able to be determined it may mean that the credits cannot be awarded. If this is the case you will be notified. Please see our Assessment Handbook under the Teaching and Learning tab on our website for further information.