A huge CONGRATULATIONS to Grace Cory-Wright (Year 10 student from Moana House) who was selected…
Ms Liao-Marsden uses a reusable cup to soup from the Canteen
Ethically Kate Visited WSCW
Kate Hall, known as Ethically Kate, is an educator, activist, and blogger who advocates for daily habits that respect and protect people and the planet. Kate came to talk to our students and share some tips in order to live a more sustainable life.
Demonstrating the contents of her handbag, Kate showed us sustainability was achievable on a daily basis: lip balm in a compostable packaging, collapsible reusable coffee cup, a set of cutlery, a metal straw, and a little fabric bag containing paper napkins she was given while out but did not use, which will come handy at some point and put in her compostable bin once used.
A big thank you to Danielle Teleiai for making the posters to promote the event, to Richard Taylor for sorting out the technical side of the event, to students of year 12 and 13 French for helping set up the event and attending, to all the students and staff who attended and supported the event.
SmartassToilet paper. 48 rolls of wrapped or unwrapped premium 2 ply toilet paper, 300 sheets per roll. Toitū Carbon Zero certified organisation, made from sugarcane waste and sustainably grown bamboo fibres, delivered straight to your door. 15% discount, use code westernsmartass – 10% discount on every order for subscriptions.
Aku washable cloth menstrual pads: 10% discount on all pads, use code WESTERNSPRINGS10
Ama Honeysticks Bath Crayons made for Bath Time – Jumbo sized bath Crayons 100% natural & Food-grade, biodegradable and reusable product. Nothing will go in the rubbish, even the wrap is made from rocks! Easy clean food grade colourants making clean up super easy. Made in New Zealand with 100% Natural and Food-grade ingredients. 7 vibrant colours: blue, maroon, green, orange, pink, yellow, brown. Crayon Dimensions: 10cm long, 2cm thick. 15% discount use code WesternSprings15
- Ama: products made with pure, natural ingredients, developed without cruelty, and brought to you in zero waste packaging and courier bags 15% discount use code WesternSprings15 (no expiry date – no minimum value).
- GreenGoddess 15% discount on first order, use code WSPRINGS (not applicable to products already on special).
- Vilo eco friendly sunglasses made of sustainable wood: 15% discount, use code WESTERNSPRINGS (ends 31/11/21).
- The Green Collective: 10% discount, use code WESTERNSPRINGS or simply click here and it will be in your cart HERE.
- Pop Care Plastic free toothpaste tabs, mouthwash tabs, face wash: 10% discount, use code WESTERNSPRINGS (ends 31/08/21).
- Intentionally Sustainable a range of long-lasting, reusable, sustainable, quality items that replace cheap, toxic, disposable items and reduce waste: 15% discount on all products excluding other offers, use code WS-ECOKINGS.
- Aku washable cloth menstrual pads: 10% discount on all pads, use code WESTERNSPRINGS10
- Oh Natural healthy and sustainable living, eco-friendly products: 10% discount, use code WSC10 (T’s & C’s apply, no expiry date).
- Smartass Carbon Zero Certified NZ company making tree-free & plastic free toilet paper, tissues and paper towels: 15% discount, use code westernsmartass (excludes subscription orders (ends 03/22, one code per customer, code needs to be added at checkout, subject to availability), 10% discount on every order for subscriptions.
- Healthpost: free delivery ($5.90), use code WESTERNSPRINGS (ends 31/12/21).